The London Tourist Coach Operators Association, formed in 1976, takes pride in representing Coach Operators who regularly work in London, whether on a daily basis or an occasional visitor, providing travel for:
- Business – to and from places of work, training or corporate hospitality;
- Education – Home to School transport; educational visits to places of interest; sport and other inter school events;
- Leisure – travel to sporting events, afternoon or evening entertainment including the Theatre, music concerts and other activities;
- Tourism – the many sights and experiences that London has to offer;
- Airport Transfers – inter-airport or to and from central London.
In addition, we can advise members of any requirements for the services they provide to be run under a London Service Permit (LSP) issued by Transport for London (TfL)
Together with our industry partners, we work to improve the infrastructure and environment in London for coach travel including:
- Setting down and picking up facilities; ensuring these are close to important destinations and maintained when road layout changes occur;
- Coach parking; promoting and protecting existing facilities and lobbying for improvements;
- Increasing the understanding of key stakeholders, including TfL, the local authorities, airports and businesses, of the challenges faced by operating coaches in London;
- Ensure that the benefits of coach travel are well understood and promoted by those who have influence;
New members are welcome. Further information and an application form can be found here.